Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Tried Orijen For Dogs and I Am Very Pleased

We interrupt our daily postings with this content from Viovet. According to DogFoodAdvisor, it gets a 5 stars for not having any controversial ingredient other than pea fiber. It meets the AAFCO nutrient profiles aside from being grain-free.

With no further ado, presenting this puggylicious story.
With so many different pet foods out there sometimes it can be extremely hard to choose one that is suitable for you and your pet. Dogs can be fussy eaters especially if you spoil them. This is where I went wrong with my Pug and I have been paying the price ever since. He is so fussy that he would rather starve than eat something that he doesn’t like. This means that I constantly have to mix in fresh meat and search for expensive pet foods to keep him eating.


As he was still a puppy I introduced him to Orijen’s puppy food range - I thought that this would probably last only a short time, but I liked the look of their puppy range especially because it contained a lot of fruits and other vegetables over starchy cereals. He did really take to this food and I also mixed in other cooked foods that I personally eat as well; like some chicken and other leftovers from dinner.
For a while I was feeding him another brand but he never really finished the food. So I thought I would go back to the first brand that I tried and give him Orijen adult dog food; believe it or not I think my Pug loves fish. They have a salmon range and he eats it so quickly that sometimes I think he will get indigestion from it. It’s really funny because he almost collapses on his back and lays there with his mouth open for a good 20 minutes after he’s finished eating the salmon.
My great aunt has a cat and I just wanted to reach out to a few other cat owners to see if they have tried Orijen’s cat food products. The cat is an extremely fussy eater but I know that this pet food uses only natural ingredients and they claim to be of a high quality. I believe them about the quality but am not sure about how it tastes and if cats really like this food. Please can any owners reach out to me to see if they have tried this brand and had any success with it?
Just a funny thought while I was reading a forum regarding Orijen. One person mentioned that it not only smelled like meat, but it also TASTED like meat. He further adds, "You know me. I would never give my babies anything I haven't tried."

Have a happy weekend.

13 comments:

  1. I had Nola and crew on Orijen for a while. Of course, Diva (aka Nola) would rather have what momma has LOL! Orijen was the last "dog food" the Doxie crew was on before homemade
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that food is soooo yummy- i just bet so!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have heard of that brand. I'm glad yours like it so much.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All food is good food unless it's green or triangular in my book! Glad you found something nice to eat! Have a great weekend.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cats (all 7 of them) are on Orijen chicken and they absolutely love it. It smells really really nice too. Whisky likes it as well so she gets a little (only a little) of it as a treat. I don't get Whisky the Orijen dog biscuits because the kibbles are a little too big for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there is a book about it called The Orijen of the Species by Chuck Darwin!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you won a prize at the chronicle

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom is one of those crazy people that have tried my Ginger Bear Treats...crazy huh?!

    ~Higigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. I can relate! We've tried a dog food or two.

      Delete
  9. I hear Orijen is supposed to be really good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't tried the Orijen yet. We have a picky kitty here too, but his pickiness goes toward the LESS expensive foods, so it's hard to find a quality food he will eat.

    ReplyDelete

We've turned of word verification of temporarily, but we've limited comments to registered users.

Huggies and Cheese, CEO Chooey